The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is asking for NAIFA members who work with the seniors or Medicare markets to provide feedback on the draft of their Medicare & You Handbook for 2023.
If you would like to submit comments on this draft, please do so using the spreadsheet linked below. Comments must be submitted by Wednesday, April 13, by the end of the day to Cody Schoonover (firstname.lastname@example.org).What you should know before you begin:
- Key additions/updates to this year’s handbook include:
- New images on the handbook cover
- Information on “What’s New & Important” (page 2)
- Interspersed graphics to call attention to important information on Medicare.gov
- Initial Enrollment Period (IEP) coverage start date change (pages 17, 71)
- Special Enrollment Period for certain exceptional circumstances (pages 18, 72)
- General Enrollment Period (GEP) coverage start date change (pages 18, 71, 80)
- National suicide prevention & mental health crisis line (988), pending rollout at a later date (page 38)
- Lung cancer screening eligibility updates (page 44)
- Principal care management services information (page 48)
- New benefit to cover immunosuppressive drugs (page 52)
- Accountable Care Organization (ACO) information (pages 111-12)
- For your convenience, we attached an Excel template to submit your comments.
- This version has NOT gone through final editing, so comments about page references, blue words, and the index aren’t needed during this review.
- To help maintain consistency throughout our publications, we ask that you don’t submit edits to definitions.