Politically active members of NAIFA's Wisconsin chapter have maintained NAIFA's grassroots advocacy push throughout June, July, and August. According to NAIFA Senior Vice President for Government Relations Diane Boyle, NAIFA-WI leads all NAIFA's state chapters in in-district meetings with lawmakers and their staff this summer.
These activities include:
- Three NAIFA-WI members attended an event with Rep. Glenn Grothman (R) on June 21.
- A NAIFA-WI member attended a virtual event with Rep. Gwen Moore (D) on June 29. NAIFA members previously met with key members of her staff to discuss their concerns about the PRO Act and are seeking another meeting.
- Eight NAIFA-WI members attended an event with Rep. Scott Fitzgerald (R) and were able to discuss the PRO Act and other issues with him.
- NAIFA-WI members on Aug. 10 had a telephone meeting with key staff from the office of Rep. Mark Pocan (D) to discuss the PRO Act. NAIFA-WI members are working to arrange similar calls with the offices of Rep. Moore and Rep. Ron Kind (D).
- Four NAIFA-WI members attended an event with Rep. Mike Gallagher (R), who spoke with several of the NAIFA members. (See the photo above with Laura DeGolier, Pat Mongin, Todd Gerbig, Rep. Gallagher, and Harry Dorman.)
- At least four NAIFA-WI members plan to attend a scheduled Aug. 31 in-district event with Rep. Pocan.
NAIFA is the leading grassroots organization for insurance and financial professionals with members in every congressional district. Every year, NAIFA encourages members to meet with their Representatives and Senators during the August recess to reinforce the advocacy message shared at NAIFA’s May Congressional Conference.
For insurance and financial professionals who would like guidance on holding effective in-district meetings, as well as instruction on taking their advocacy efforts to the next level, NAIFA offers a Grassroots Engagement Training Series.