NAIFA’s Georgia chapter (NAIFA-GA) held its annual Legislative Day in Atlanta earlier this year. Speakers at the event included:
- Deputy Commissioner of Insurance Steve Manders,
- Representative Matthew Wilson, a candidate for Commissioner of Insurance and Safety Fire
- Senator Burt Jones, a loyal NAIFA member since 2021 and a candidate for Lieutenant Governor
- Senator Dr. Dean Burke of Bainbridge, Chairman of the Insurance and Labor Committee
- Senator Marty Harbin of Tyrone, a loyal NAIFA member since 2014
- Senator Bruce Thompson, Chairman of Economic Development and Tourism, candidate for Commissioner of Labor.
NAIFA-GA members in attendance were also able to speak with state lawmakers one-on-one and in small groups. They also received grassroots training and a legislative issue briefing.
NAIFA state Legislative Days provide great opportunities for insurance and financial professionals to share with lawmakers their expertise and understanding of how laws regulations affect Main Street consumers. NAIFA is the only producer association making an advocacy impact in every state capital.
State Sen. Bruce Thompson and NAIFA-GA Pres. Danny Nungesser
Kim Liptrot, Roderick Liptrot, and Kim Baud
Sen. Burt Jones (also a NAIFA member) and Todd Schoonover
Sen. Marty Warbin, and Dept. Insurance Commissioner Steve Manders
Kevin Ross and Sen. Dean Burke
Roderick Liptrot, Brad Carver, and Kim Liptrot